So…You Are Having an Event!
What is more social than an event? Social media is a valuable tool for promoting events, before, during and after. Social Marketing should be at the core of how the event is organized, promoted and it can play a vital role in encouraging engagement on the day of the event and creating a continual buzz long after it has ended. A buzz that ensures that your fans will not miss your next event!
Incorporating social into an event is easy, fun and rewarding. The benefits of fan engagement and fun are priceless and every opportunity should be captured! Here are a few simple ideas that anyone can and should implement.
- Produce promotional videos to share.
- Integrate with registration encouraging attendees to share for prizes.
- Create event listings on social networks, local publications and community calendars.
- Use a hashtag in all postings, materials and visuals.
- Make it easy to share and engage-give directions and ideas as guests check in.
- Offer prizes to the most engaged attendees
- Display Twitter walls so people can see their tweets
- Encourage attendees to check-in at different locations and stations
- Add social media check-in to your check-in process and table
- Display how you want them to engage and talk about it.
- Have a photographer and picture hotspots.
Post Event Buzz
- Upload the video highlights to YouTube.
- Encourage guests to post videos.
- Invite bloggers to guest blog about the experience.
- Post photos and encourage tagging.
- Monitor the buzz and use it to collect feedback.
- Keep your online community engaged all year round.
- Announce winners of engagement contests.
By utilizing these simple tips, event organizers can make their events far more discoverable, reach a far greater audience, enhance the attendee experience and improve customer loyalty.
Ginny Kronsted is one of the area’s leading social marketing strategists and widely recognized as a top Facebook marketing expert. Ginny’s background includes over twelve years in the fields of relationships, marketing and Internet technology, making social marketing her ideal arena.
Through her consulting and training, Ginny teaches and consults with businesses and brands to become a true social business, with measurable profits from integrating proven online and offline social marketing strategies. Ginny can be reached at Ginny@GJKassociates.com
Contact Ginny at 630-708-7455 for more information on our complete line of business services and a schedule of social media classes