5 Keys to Build Confidence and Destroy Fear
We have all faced times when the lack of confidence in ourselves makes us lose something that we want. This low self-confidence and self-esteem may show up as fear or as simple inaction. Confidence needs to be built slowly, one small step at a time. Confidence is essential to effective networking and social communication. A confident person is more likely to make strong connections and close sales. Here are five key steps which will help you bust through that fear and destroy the limitations and self-doubt that have been holding you back from your true potential.
- Action cures fear. Identify and isolate your fear and take constructive action. Scared of public speaking? Make a toast at a friend’s wedding. Inaction strengthens fear and corrodes confidence.
- Exude positivity. Make a conscious effort to deposit only positive thoughts in your memory bank. Do not dwell on negative experiences or allow negative thoughts to morph into mental monsters. If you feel good about yourself, you will become more confident.
- Keep things in perspective. Remember that people are more alike than different. Get a balanced view of the other person and try to develop an understanding attitude, particularly when you are in an uncomfortable situation. This builds confidence when talking to new people.
- Practice. The experience of failure makes it easy for us to give up, letting fear and self-doubt win. But if you persevere and keep striving for your goals, you will be able to destroy your fear of failure and push past your limitations. Practice does make perfect.
- To think confidently, act confidently. Research has shown that faking confidence can actually lead to the real thing. The more scared and unconfident you feel, the more confident you should act. David Schwartz recommends five specific behaviours we can use to build confidence: sit in front, make eye contact walk faster, speak up (offer your opinion) and smile.
Ginny Kronsted is one of the area’s leading social marketing strategists and widely recognized as a top Engagement Marketing expert. Ginny’s background includes over twelve years in the fields of Business Relationships, Marketing and Internet Promotions, making social marketing her ideal arena. Her focus in on the Full Engagement Experience that maximizes every touch made with a prospect or customer through applying simple strategies to your marketing chaos. She works with businesses and organizations who don’t want to miss an opportunity to turn a prospect into a customer or a customer into a repeat customer.
Through her consulting and training, Ginny teaches and consults with businesses and brands to become a true social business, with measurable profits from integrating proven online and offline marketing strategies that produce Far More Customers Faster! Ginny can be reached at Ginny@GJKassociates.com. Ginny’s live events and trainings deliver simple, impactful actionable steps to engage with your audience.
Contact Ginny at 630-708-7455 for more information on our complete line of business services and a schedule of classes or to book a speaker for your next event.